Thread: Crankshaft Oil Spray

Downloads
    Uploads

Crankshaft Oil Spray

Suffering low oil pressure so dropped sump. The nozzle looks like its sheared off. Is it possible to replace from below or do I have to strip down the chain & gears as well. I have a new nozzle. (For the car, that is)
    Many thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Crankshaft Oil Spray

Have been doing some reading of the Manual. It seems possible to remove the front crankcase cover with the engine insitu. Will have to remove Radiator, grille first. Has anyone attempted this with the engine in place? Also, the manual refers to tapping the nozzle with an M4 tap to remove. I presume this is to provide a better grip for removal? Also, hoping to gently hammer the new nozzle in place - is this an acceptable technique?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think this is possible to do in situ but there a couple of horizontal gaskets to be careful with. The tap is so you can remove the broken item. It is peened in originally. You may be able to repeen but the addition of a loctite hard setting bearing fit would be advisable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AB095 View Post
    Have been doing some reading of the Manual. It seems possible to remove the front crankcase cover with the engine insitu. Will have to remove Radiator, grille first. Has anyone attempted this with the engine in place? Also, the manual refers to tapping the nozzle with an M4 tap to remove. I presume this is to provide a better grip for removal? Also, hoping to gently hammer the new nozzle in place - is this an acceptable technique?
    I have the same problem and after pulling the radiator I just thought it would be too hard so I have today removed the engine/gearbox/subframe as I have a list of others small issues that can be done much easier with it all out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized  IMG_20181029_190456592.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	14164

Thread Information