Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulviasport 1.3S 2.S drivetrain questions and issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Fulviasport 1.3S 2.S drivetrain questions and issues

Currently I am addressing some issues on the drivetrain/steering/suspension/subframe of my Fulviasport. Originally I wanted to replace the Zagato gearbox which has some problems by a Coupe gearbox, have the Zagato box repaired and change back. Now I noticed that I have been "taken to the cleaners" with the Coupe gearbox, which is a mess.

Anyhow the drivetrain is out, new subframe rubbers, engine rubbers, water pump, carb flange, oil filter, air filter and other stuff have arrived. But I discovered several things that confuse me.

The gear lever linkage touches the connection rod of the steering. This can not be normal, but what is wrong? (The connection rod has deep scratches!!!)

What is this switch meant to do. It´s Tavola 31 part no. 35, "interuttore com. minimo veloce" what does that mean?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the lower seal of the steering box or where I can get one?. Or would it be a good idea to have some made?

Thanks in advance

Hubert
    Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flaminia Coupé-project-, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, A112 Abarth 70HP, Mercedes Benz Unimog U406

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fulviasport 1.3S 2.S drivetrain questions and issues

Don't recall from memory the dimensions of the seal for the steering box, but I do recall that it is a pretty standard measures, and available from the usual sources that provide seals like this. No need to have any custom made.

Can't help you much with the other issues, seems to me like S2 specific stuff.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

Connection rod 180° inverted ?

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only reason I can see for having a switch on the gearbox, is a switch for a reverse light.
    Karl

1964 Flaminia Touring Convertible 3C 2.8
    1965 Fulvia Berlina (Appendix K project)
    1969 Fulvia 1,6 HF
    1999 Ypsilon
    2003 Thesis 3,2
    2011 Delta 1,8 Di T-Jet

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I can help with the switch. There is a footnote (E) to it in the parts catalog, referring to export to certain countries. If it is that switch with number 35 you are talking about, it is for the "emission control" carburetors (C.35 PHHE-2) that were used for export to some countries with emission restrictions, countries as specified in the footnote. A solenoid was activated in the carbs (if I recall when in 3th gear, but not sure) above or below (again, not sure) a certain speed, the control of that solenoid coming from the gearbox. The whole things is quite horrible, gives nothing but trouble, and if your car has these, you best change to "normal" carburetors, leave the switch as (as plug for the hole) but leave it unconnected.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ottovalvole View Post
    Connection rod 180° inverted ?
    Good idea, will check symmetry. I thought it might be a wrong one with too few crank.
    Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flaminia Coupé-project-, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, Fulvia Sport 1.3S, A112 Abarth 70HP, Mercedes Benz Unimog U406

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
    OK, I can help with the switch. There is a footnote (E) to it in the parts catalog, referring to export to certain countries. If it is that switch with number 35 you are talking about, it is for the "emission control" carburetors (C.35 PHHE-2) that were used for export to some countries with emission restrictions, countries as specified in the footnote. A solenoid was activated in the carbs (if I recall when in 3th gear, but not sure) above or below (again, not sure) a certain speed, the control of that solenoid coming from the gearbox. The whole things is quite horrible, gives nothing but trouble, and if your car has these, you best change to "normal" carburetors, leave the switch as (as plug for the hole) but leave it unconnected.
    That´s definitely it! Saw the footnote but was too lazy to read it. Anyhow the switch is not connected and the carbs do not have any electric control valve.

Karl,

the reverse light switch sits at the very end of the dogleg, outside the gearbox.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
    Don't recall from memory the dimensions of the seal for the steering box, but I do recall that it is a pretty standard measures, and available from the usual sources that provide seals like this. No need to have any custom made.

Can't help you much with the other issues, seems to me like S2 specific stuff.
    Sorry to say the seal at the bottom is not standard and will not be found easily as it is Imperial and thin (no spring inside).... It can get got from Omicron. The input shaft seal is metric though as available. You will need a really strong puller to get the drop arm off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Akonaut View Post
    Good idea, will check symmetry. I thought it might be a wrong one with too few crank.
    Not sure there are different cranks (bendsj on the connecting track rod. Maybe the gearbox/engine is sitting too high relative to the subframe (where the steering components are) - check the top mount isnt too high.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Ok, as long as there is a source, life is easy. My idea is to make a take-up for the hydraulic press.

Thread Information