Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delortos advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Delortos advice

Hi

So these? https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell.../dhlb-trumpet/

This is great, so I now have a base line from which to check what I have and change as appropriate
    Much appreciated
    Simon

Downloads
    Uploads

These are reproductions, but you can trust that if they offer them and they state they made them to the original dimensions, they will be fine.

I can't check the part number right now (out of country till Sept), but I guess they are the right ones.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by simon down View Post
    You mean this I think: http://www.viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qa...s/dellorto.php

1.3S being 303 and 1.3 being 302?

And you mean the standard trumpets, and not these? https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...t-fixed-gauze/

My engine is a standard 302. I am rebuilding the original 1.2 and the 302 is just a stopgap really, but it might take a while!

I have just uploaded the Appendix from The Dellorto Superformance Tech Book (in the Fulvia Downloads section), which gives jetting data for a wide range of makes and models, including Lancia. Unfortunately the book is long since out of print although you may find it on eBay or Amazon (for reviews, see https://www.amazon.com/Dellorto-Tech...ustomerReviews ). There are sections on choosing trumpets and procedures to check performance/jetting on the road. I will endeavour to upload some of the generally more-useful bits another time.

Glyn

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GlynW View Post
    I have just uploaded the Appendix from The Dellorto Superformance Tech Book (in the Fulvia Downloads section), which gives jetting data for a wide range of makes and models, including Lancia. Unfortunately the book is long since out of print although you may find it on eBay or Amazon (for reviews, see https://www.amazon.com/Dellorto-Tech...ustomerReviews ). There are sections on choosing trumpets and procedures to check performance/jetting on the road. I will endeavour to upload some of the generally more-useful bits another time.

Glyn
    Many thanks Glyn

I actually have a copy of the Dellorto book but No appendix! I did not even know the appendix existed. Mine is printed in 1989 and runs to 114 pages. Just so others may be trying to buy this....

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    Many thanks Glyn

I actually have a copy of the Dellorto book but No appendix! I did not even know the appendix existed. Mine is printed in 1989 and runs to 114 pages. Just so others may be trying to buy this....

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Mine is an American Edition, dated 1996 (I say mine, but it is borrowed). The uploaded pages (p115 onwards) are the only additions to your version. I think the Appendix has come directly from Dellorto - there is an acknowledgement on the inside front cover to Dellorto SPA.

Glyn

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tim,

Mine is an American Edition, dated 1996 (I say mine, but it is borrowed). The uploaded pages (p115 onwards) are the only additions to your version. I think the Appendix has come directly from Dellorto - there is an acknowledgement on the inside front cover to Dellorto SPA.

Glyn
    Thanks for the confirmation. Mine is also US edition and has acknowledgements in a couple of place towards Dellorto as there is a lot of Dellorto stuff in this book. The index stops at page 112. I cannot see any edition number or reprint date save for the copyright dated 1989....in a few places....

Cheers for making mine complete. I have a pair of DHLA45's on a manifold to try on my 1600 HF one day - or some one can make an offer for them....(quite happy with the 42 Solexs...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ixus 60 nice march 2007_20070323_109.JPG  

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like you may be able to purchase the Dellorto Superformance Tech Book here (18 USD + shipping): https://www.pacificcustoms.com/cb101.html

The picture shows the same front cover (including the top right banner) as the one I have, so there is a good chance it is the later edition.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like you may be able to purchase the Dellorto Superformance Tech Book here (18 USD + shipping): https://www.pacificcustoms.com/cb101.html

The picture shows the same front cover (including the top right banner) as the one I have, so there is a good chance it is the later edition.
    Mine has "with more tuning tips" on the red flash.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the tech info, useful

I have now investigated Glynn's Dellortos and they have the following: Main Jets 118, venturis 31. According to the info earlier in this thread a standard 302 engine should have 108 and 29.

Since I use the car for hillclimbs and sprints I could leave the venturis since in principle there should be more top end response. It would also save approx £80. Changing the main jets would seem to make sense however since 118 is a long way from 108. Would 112 main jet and existing 31 venturi be appropriate, or should I go for standard 108/29?

Wrt trumpets. Attached is a picture of the trumpets on the carbs. These do not have the insert recess bit that the trumpets for sale at Eurocarb (also attached and here https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell.../dhlb-trumpet/) have and Glynn and I are not 100% sure if they are Dellorto or Solex, though we assume that they are Dellorto and came with the carbs: there are no markings. The trumpet in the attached picture looks like Solex ones to me. The carbs do have a insert recess beyond the attachment flange like the Eurocarb ones. It would be good to know if I should get the trumpets.
    Simon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8075-1-600x600.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	14017

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4580.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	14016

Downloads
    Uploads

from memory the solex trumpets have a fine edge to the outside rim.

Also maybe the insert trumpet style applies to the wider (standard) A dellorto?

Thread Information