Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delortos advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Delortos advice

Hi

Now that I have the car running its time to get the Delorto DHLB 35's set up right. The first stage of this was to check the jets and choke tube size are appropriate for the 302 engine.

I was told previously that the jets should be 108 for a 302 engine and 112 for a 303. I had a look (see photo) and the numbers I see stamped on the jets are 7772.4 and 118, so I presume the 118 is the relevant number which according to the above is wrong on both counts

Before I start ordering 4 108 size jets (and size 29 choke tubes) is there any reason I should keep what's already there?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4572.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	13983

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Delortos advice

Hi

On the Europart website they sell the jets according to the longer number. The number on the 118 jet is 7772.4, so does anyone know what size I should be getting?

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...emulsion-tube/

Cheers
    Simon

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

I have realised my mistake now, so ignore the questions. I didnt realise the main jet separates from the emulsion tube

However, if someone could confirm I should get 108 main jets, I would be grateful
    Cheers
    Simon

Downloads
    Uploads

you should give them a call as they will have the data or can advise. They are very helpful.

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/about-eurocarb/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Engines are different and so every engine needs his own setup. Actually you can´t compare..

My DHLB 35 run with JE pistons 11,3:1, Vere Lancia exhaust manifold, custom built exhaust 31 mm venturi, 7772.4 emulsion tube, 130 main and 200 air corrector jet

Ali

Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks for the tips. I will find out what the venturi tube size is and phone them up
    Many thanks
    Simon

Downloads
    Uploads

I am out of the country for now, but I do recall there is a full jetting table (both 302 and 303 engines) available for download, I think from this website. I got the full details at home, but I can't get at it right now. If your engine is standard, by all means, stick to the specifications of the table or you are most likely to get a rather bad running engine. Do not try to improve on settings that some experts at Dellorto have no doubt spend hours at finding out what is the best setting.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

Something else: few people seem to be aware, but it is important to use the Dellorto velocity stacks (the "trumpets) with the DHLB carbs. For a reason that is a bit long to explain here, the use of the correct velocity stack on the DHLB32, DHLB35, C.32 PHH and C.35 PHH intended for Fulvia is rather critical (it is less critical on a C.42). Make sure you fit the correct velocity stuff, or you may find the engine doesn't entirely behave as expected.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

You mean this I think: http://www.viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qa...s/dellorto.php

1.3S being 303 and 1.3 being 302?

And you mean the standard trumpets, and not these? https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...t-fixed-gauze/

My engine is a standard 302. I am rebuilding the original 1.2 and the 302 is just a stopgap really, but it might take a while!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by simon down View Post
    You mean this I think: http://www.viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qa...s/dellorto.php

1.3S being 303 and 1.3 being 302?

And you mean the standard trumpets, and not these? https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...t-fixed-gauze/

My engine is a standard 302.
    OK, you found the table. It was in "viva-lancia" and not this website, sorry. Yes, 1,3S is a 303 engine, 1,3 is a 302. I verified the data in the table with the original data from Dellorto for their different carburetor settings, and it is correct.

The standard trumpets of Dellorto on a Dellorto carb, and the standard Solex trumpets on Solex carb, as opposed to keeping the original Solex trumpets when installing Dellorto carbs, I mean. Many buy the DHLBs without the associated trumpets, and just keep the Solex trumpets the car was equipped with at first. But while they physically fit, there is a difference in venturi effect, and this has an implication on the high power enrichment system of the carb (the small brass tubes protruding in the barrels at the air entrance of the carb).
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Thread Information