Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solex PHH-E3 parts

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solex PHH-E3 parts

I have a late fulvia 3 with PHH-E3 carbs. Having trouble finding parts specific to these carbs. I have looked in the usual places in the US and England without success. I have one emulsion tube with a broken head, also need to find complete rebuild kits with the correct gaskets and throttle return springs. Any advice, parts or link to a supplier would be greatly appreciated....Marnix

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Solex PHH-E3 parts

Have you tried this guy. He has just about everything. You need to message him to get exactly what you want other than the emulsion tube.....

https://www.ebay.it/itm/LANCIA-FULVI...item43f0af69b2

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

Tim preceded me, I would have referred to the same. That's the guy. As far as know, he only sell using Ebay. As Tim says, he got a lot of stuff.

Many parts for the PHH E-3 are the same as for other PHH carbs, but not all. If in doubt, I can tell you if something is specific or you can just use the normal PHH part.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tim and Marnix, I did contacted alfa1750 with no joy, particularly on the correct emulsion tube, it screws into a brass insert changing the length, longer as compared to Phh. E3 carbs seem to share very few parts with the older PHH. For now, they are running well enough with only a slight stumble just before transition to main jet. Still much better than the worn set of c35-19 I have as spare.
    Marnix, and others. I want to thank you all for sharing your considerable knowledge here, a well tuned fulvia is a happy fulvia.

Downloads
    Uploads

you could try upping the pilot (idle) jet to 55 or higher to help bridge the stumble area

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a small air leak that I tracked to the brake booster. Discovered blocking off the vacuum port to the booster makes it run much better but the brakes become dangerously hard. VARA has sent out a new booster arriving tomorrow. Hoping that will cure the last nagging tuning issues....if not I’ll try the 55s, trying not to remove the carbs again.😬

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the vacuum hose have any splits and is the one way valve fitted too midway along the hose?

Downloads
    Uploads

The part number for the E3 air corrector + emulsion tube is indeed different. I need to physically check if something can be done, or if I got a spare one. But I am under quite some time pressure right now, see if I can find a moment coming days.

PHH-E carbs and parts are quite rare indeed.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Neil, I did replace the vacuum hose cleaned and checked the union at the intake and the booster, installed a new more modern check valve mid point along the hose. I tried pulling negative pressure on the booster with a vacuum pump but it bleeds back to atmosphere very quickly, since I’ve owned it it’s had a hard pedal. Hopefully the new booster will solve a couple of issues.

Marnix, thanks for your research on the E-3 emulsion tube. It appears to be about 5mm longer than phh tube and the air holes are offset farther down the side by the same amount, also it is open on the bottom where the phh have a little plug. Anyway I appricate your help and know you have plenty going on...no worries the car is running well enough.
    Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

Could you specify a bit more detailed what is broken off on it? Is the problem in the emulsion tube or the air corrector jet portion?
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Thread Information