Thread: Dellorto 40 DHLA

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dellorto 40 DHLA

Thinking of changing the Solex 35 pph on my series 1 - 1.3 S to Dellorto 40 DHLA obvioulsy changing the intake manifold to fit the Dellorto's, I am unable to find any set up adjusting and balancing information on the Dellorto 40 DHLA , Viva Lancia has a good piece on the rare Dellorto DHLB 35 but does anybody have an overview on the jetting of the Dellort's 40 DHLA ?
    Feedback advise very much appriciated

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Dellorto 40 DHLA

Try here http://www.or600.laverda-club.com/co...content_e.html.

For parts there are several sites, such as this one http://www.dellortoshop.com/contents...tor_Parts.html.

You can probably find additional info on the alfabb site since Dellorto's are used on early Alfas. https://www.alfabb.com/

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to add. Make sure you read up on them as not all DHLA's are the same. The later ones, after '73 or '74 I think, were set up for emissions control and are jetted different, also have different progression holes. Make sure the two you use are the same. The early ones I believe do not have a letter after the DHLA on the tag while the later ones have a letter, E, F G etc. You can find out more on the alfabb site.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 4thinline View Post
    Forgot to add. Make sure you read up on them as not all DHLA's are the same. The later ones, after '73 or '74 I think, were set up for emissions control and are jetted different, also have different progression holes. Make sure the two you use are the same. The early ones I believe do not have a letter after the DHLA on the tag while the later ones have a letter, E, F G etc. You can find out more on the alfabb site.
    did find a piece - would a 1300 alfa be a good basic set up for the fulvia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34p10t3.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

I have no real experience with tuning, but what I would do is start of with the tuning data of the DHLB 35 for the 1.3S. From that point on, you can try to increase performance by modifying the choke tube and jets.

I certainly would put in at least a 31mm choke tube as original for the 1.3S (the 40mm DHLA size is actually almost irrelevant, it is the choke tube size that counts), in contrast with the 28mm choke tube they had in the Alfa. Maybe a 32mm choke tube, which will give you an increase of power at high revs, be it at the cost of power at low revs.

Mind you, I am quite doubtful you will get any significant increase in performance by using just using 40mm DHLA carbs instead of the 35mm carbs alone. Increasing power takes more than just putting bigger carbs. But it is an interesting (be it maybe costly) experiment.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
    Hi

I have no real experience with tuning, but what I would do is start of with the tuning data of the DHLB 35 for the 1.3S. From that point on, you can try to increase performance by modifying the choke tube and jets.

I certainly would put in at least a 31mm choke tube as original for the 1.3S (the 40mm DHLA size is actually almost irrelevant, it is the choke tube size that counts), in contrast with the 28mm choke tube they had in the Alfa. Maybe a 32mm choke tube, which will give you an increase of power at high revs, be it at the cost of power at low revs.

Mind you, I am quite doubtful you will get any significant increase in performance by using just using 40mm DHLA carbs instead of the 35mm carbs alone. Increasing power takes more than just putting bigger carbs. But it is an interesting (be it maybe costly) experiment.
    Marnix is right on this. Start with improving the exhaust side (gas flow, larger valves, better exhaust manifold/system) where you will get better bang for your buck!

Thread Information