Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taddraughn's Fulvia Coupe: Progress Thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Taddraughns Fulvia Coupe: Progress Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    ok, i resisted posting a picture as long as i could.Attachment 13859Attachment 13860Attachment 13861
    Those look "special".

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, i resisted posting a picture as long as i could.
    Did you do the black finish yourself? What is the original colour off the shell?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    Those look "special".
    what do you mean tim? there the same as the other one posted earlier. see post 13 by castegnero. to answer his question, the black is not the right color. i was repainting my valve cover and just put these along side as i didn't really know what color they should be. after castagnero posted his picture i see he has the right paint. there were traces of a copper color on mine, and his have the same. it looks like a hammer finish copper color.
    i feel like i shouldn't have brought it up in the first place now, we're hijacking taddraughn's thread.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Downloads
    Uploads

what do you mean tim? there the same as the other one posted earlier. see post 13 by castegnero. to answer his question, the black is not the right color. i was repainting my valve cover and just put these along side as i didn't really know what color they should be. after castagnero posted his picture i see he has the right paint. there were traces of a copper color on mine, and his have the same. it looks like a hammer finish copper color.
    i feel like i shouldn't have brought it up in the first place now, we're hijacking taddraughn's thread.
    It's Castagnero...

I think our posts gives Taddraughn some useful information about the 'original' horns and also some time to work on his nice Coupé.
    So now its up to Taddraughn again to post some progress pictures...
    To toot...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Castagnero View Post
    It's Castagnero...
    my apologies,
    in my defense, i did get it right 50% of the time.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fay66 View Post
    Mine are original on my 1966 2c Berlina and the metal body is painted black, while the trumpets are black plastic.
    Brian
    @Brian Marler , black as BH's is the only type I have seen as standard. Your crackle paint finish threw me and the brown horn part I have not seen before hence I refere to these as special..... a few years back I bought a nos pair for my coupe which were black as was the pair I took off (one horn kept blowing a fuse...).

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lancialulu View Post
    @Brian Marler , black as BH's is the only type I have seen as standard. Your crackle paint finish threw me and the brown horn part I have not seen before hence I refere to these as special..... a few years back I bought a nos pair for my coupe which were black as was the pair I took off (one horn kept blowing a fuse...).
    Are the old NOS horns still available anywhere? I wouldn't mind changing mine back to the original horn if they aren't too expensive.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Castagnero View Post
    So now its up to Taddraughn again to post some progress pictures...
    To toot...
    Ha! I haven't done too much since the last update because I'm waiting on parts but I do have a couple more photos I'll post today at some point. Spent the weekend relaxing and hanging out with the girlfriend so not much work got done on the car.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taddraughn View Post
    Are the old NOS horns still available anywhere? I wouldn't mind changing mine back to the original horn if they aren't too expensive.
    you'd be hard pressed to find much new old stock on these cars. the horns show up for sale now and then but usually need refurbishing. i troll the italian and other european ebay sites fairly regularly for spares and see them every now and then.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

you'd be hard pressed to find much new old stock on these cars. the horns show up for sale now and then but usually need refurbishing. i troll the italian and other european ebay sites fairly regularly for spares and see them every now and then.
    Hmm.. I'll try to keep my eye open. I don't mind rebuilding some old horns. Of course horns are pretty far down on my priority list anyway; way to much other stuff to worry about.

I did manage to find a NOS dynamo armature on ebay.it. I was going to re-wrap mine, but the stack up between the thicker armature stack insulation and new magnet wire (that seems ever so slightly bigger than the original wire) was too much. I'll probably still re-wrap it and keep it as a spare, but I need to find some thinner insulation. Maybe just some kapton tape will do.

Thread Information