Results 1 to 10 of 762

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Lancista Taddraughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Age
    25
    Posts
    478
    Downloads
    37
    Uploads
    0

    Taddraughn's Fulvia Coupe: Progress Thread

    Since this thread has gotten quite long, here's a...

    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    -pg. 1: Getting started and rustproofing some panels
    -pg. 7: I break my aluminum hood and cry about it
    -pg. 10: Heater box assembly
    -pg. 11: Dropping the subframe
    -pg. 14-19: Subframe tear down
    -pg. 19-22: Carb cleaning and assembly
    -pg. 25: Wheel bearing repacking
    -pg. 31-38: Transmission rebuild
    -pg. 38-46: Mostly engine disassembly, discussion, and new brake pistons
    -pg. 47-66: Metal work
    -pg. 67: Car receives new paint and undercoating
    -pg. 69: Prime your oil pump with a drill! Also talk about fuel line material choices
    -pg. 72: Routing new fuel lines from NiCopp/Cunifer and putting in Fatmat insulation
    -pg. 73-77: Paint stuff

    Wanted to start this thread not only to keep up with the work that I've done, but also as a way to try and keep myself motivated. The intent is to do a "rolling restoration" of sorts, but before fixing the subframe outriggers and my overheating issue there will be less rolling involved lol.

    Anyway.. I've had the car for around a month now so here's the progress I've made so far:

    When the vehicle arrived, it ran rough, had a blown fuse and the electric fan didn't work. Those were the problems I knew about, so I started working on them one at a time. I began disassembling the interior, starting with the wooden dash piece and eventually making it all the way down to the heater box. The light switch was sticky, so it was disassembled, wire brushed and lubed and reassembled.



    The next component was the electric fan, which was partially jammed with a pack of Brooklyn chewing gum. Commutator of the motor was sanded with 600 grit paper and the rest cleaned with contact cleaner and brushed.








    Looks good as new! While apart, I had the heater core re-cored, as the fins were quite rusty. Unfortunately all the rubber that goes into the heater box is completely rotten and will need to be fabricated from strips of gasket or rubber sheets. The metal pieces of the heater box will also need a re-paint after the rust has been removed from them.
    Last edited by Taddraughn; 23rd August 2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Updated TOC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •