Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Zagato Motor mounts

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need Zagato Motor mounts

Does anybody know where I can get or have part numbers or pictures for motor mounts for an "82 zagato?

TIA
    james

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Need Zagato Motor mounts

I ordered mine from both BetaBoyz in UK and Bielstein out of Germany.

Pay the upgraded shipping for Bielstein, I had a cheaper option take 9 weeks to arrive.

https://353652584127257704.weebly.co...Mountings.html

http://www.bielstein.com/lancia/beta/motor
    Sean McLane

Integrale EVO1
    UrQuattro
    Scorpion (s)
    Beta (s)
    Integrale 16v

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HF Stinger View Post
    I ordered mine from both BetaBoyz in UK and Bielstein out of Germany.

Pay the upgraded shipping for Bielstein, I had a cheaper option take 9 weeks to arrive.

https://353652584127257704.weebly.co...Mountings.html

http://www.bielstein.com/lancia/beta/motor
    Thanks for the tip. Would you know exactly the ones I need. I'm not in a position to pull the old ones till I have new ones in hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Hello,
    Here is a picture of the 3 engine mounts . The top one (left) is the front mount that sits in the front of the subframe (part # 82293717)

The middle one with the long plate and 2 rubber blocks is the right hand side mount that the driveshaft support sits on top of. (part # 82292708 or 82313362)
    Be aware that the main mount is the same for all years as far as I know, but in the pic you can see that there is a metal plate with a rubber pad imbedded in it that goes in between the subframe and the mount. That plate bolts to the subframe in early cars, but later 81s and 82s do not have the holes to bolt that plate to. Instead there was just a round rubber pad beneath the mount. Check yours to see what you have.

At the bottom (right) is the rear mount that bolts to the subframe near the firewall on the left side. Part # 82291832

Also, if your changing engine mounts, also check the 2 gas struts that stabilize the engine. One is below the battery box and another is bolted to the drive shaft support on the right side.
    These should be very stiff but where out over time.
    Good hunting.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180612_171350.jpg  
    76 Scorpion
    77 Beta coupe
    82 Zagato
    61 Flaminia PF Coupe
    63 Flaminia Touring 3C GT
    77 BMW 530i
    78 Beta HPE

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The middle one that supports the subframe is the one most prone to failure. Any, ANY oil
    leaks above it will turn the rubber into mush. And it's the one most difficult to replace.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D. View Post
    Hello,
    Here is a picture of the 3 engine mounts . The top one (left) is the front mount that sits in the front of the subframe (part # 82293717)

The middle one with the long plate and 2 rubber blocks is the right hand side mount that the driveshaft support sits on top of. (part # 82292708 or 82313362)
    Be aware that the main mount is the same for all years as far as I know, but in the pic you can see that there is a metal plate with a rubber pad imbedded in it that goes in between the subframe and the mount. That plate bolts to the subframe in early cars, but later 81s and 82s do not have the holes to bolt that plate to. Instead there was just a round rubber pad beneath the mount. Check yours to see what you have.

At the bottom (right) is the rear mount that bolts to the subframe near the firewall on the left side. Part # 82291832

Also, if your changing engine mounts, also check the 2 gas struts that stabilize the engine. One is below the battery box and another is bolted to the drive shaft support on the right side.
    These should be very stiff but where out over time.
    Good hunting.
    Todd

Wow!, Thanks. THat makes my life allot easier.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    The middle one that supports the subframe is the one most prone to failure. Any, ANY oil leaks above it will turn the rubber into mush. And it's the one most difficult to replace.
    ...which makes the BetaBoyz PU version of interest, as the polyurethane should be impervious to oil contamination unlike the OEM rubber.

BTW, if you find the damper shocks are fine but have perished bushings in the end(s), I found McMaster-Carr part no. 99025A130 sufficed as a replacement. While you're there, also pick up part no. 1061T36 -- these durable silicone grommets will suffice to rebush the lower end of the front stay rod for your shift linkage, and the cable anchor/pivot fork at the top of your clutch pedal.
    Last edited by SubGothius; 13th June 2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    ...which makes the BetaBoyz PU version of interest, as the polyurethane should be impervious to oil contamination unlike the OEM rubber.

BTW, if you find the damper shocks are fine but have perished bushings in the end(s), I found McMaster-Carr part no. 99025A130 sufficed as a replacement. While you're there, also pick up part no. 1061T36 -- these durable silicone grommets will suffice to rebush the lower end of the front stay rod for your shift linkage, and the cable anchor/pivot fork at the top of your clutch pedal.
    Thanks. the front dampener shocks are just totally shot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by j911brick View Post
    Thanks. the front dampener shocks are just totally shot.
    And alas, BetaBoyz only list a replacement for the gearbox-end one. If by "shot" you mean they're totally seized up, you could just keep them as-is; if you mean they telescope without any resistance, you might replace them with a rigid rod setup, either with Heim joints at the ends or as a "dogbone" with bushed ends. Search eBay for torque damper (rod,brace,link,shock,strut,kit,mount) -- see if any of those might be a suitable length; I used one of these spec'd for a Nissan 240SX to replace the cracked upper dogbone on my '79 LBZ.

The dampers function to soften throttle/clutch response and inhibit oscillation of the powertrain bouncing/rocking against the main rubber mounts, so by swapping them with a rigid rod (or keeping seized ones as-is), you'd just notice a more abrupt transition on drop/lift throttle or when engaging the clutch and maybe some powertrain oscillation.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    And alas, BetaBoyz only list a replacement for the gearbox-end one. If by "shot" you mean they're totally seized up, you could just keep them as-is; if you mean they telescope without any resistance, you might replace them with a rigid rod setup, either with Heim joints at the ends or as a "dogbone" with bushed ends. Search eBay for torque damper (rod,brace,link,shock,strut,kit,mount) -- see if any of those might be a suitable length; I used one of these spec'd for a Nissan 240SX to replace the cracked upper dogbone on my '79 LBZ.

The dampers function to soften throttle/clutch response and inhibit oscillation of the powertrain bouncing/rocking against the main rubber mounts, so by swapping them with a rigid rod (or keeping seized ones as-is), you'd just notice a more abrupt transition on drop/lift throttle or when engaging the clutch and maybe some powertrain oscillation.
    Thanks. I'm surprised nobody has found any direct replacement used on a different car.

Thread Information