Thread: Midwest / Great Lakes gathering of Lancia owners?

Downloads
    Uploads

Midwest / Great Lakes gathering of Lancia owners?

Would anyone be interested in having a Lancia owners' gathering of some sort located west of the Appalachians and east of the Mississippi River? Either later this year, or some time next year? I imagine that between Detroit, Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Cincinnati there might be at least a couple dozen people who are sociable enough to want to meet other owners, and willing/able to drive their Lancia 4-6 hours for a "big" gathering . . . ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Central-Midwest-Great Lakes.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	13724

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Midwest / Great Lakes gathering of Lancia owners?

perhaps between Chicago and Toledo? There is also the possibility of meeting in Detroit for the Concours this summer....

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for being the one person out of 216 who viewed this thread who responded. I additionally brought up this idea on the Alfabb and in a Facebook group and received one other response, from Kansas City. Kind of surprised at the lack of enthusiasm, to be honest.

If there are maybe 10 or 12 (or more?) people in all of the Midwest who would be interested in a Lancia owners' gathering, I would be willing to organize one for either this fall or some time in 2019. The location could (would) be determined by what is convenient to the group; I think it makes more sense to first see who is genuinely interested, and then plan it based on their locations and availability, as opposed to picking a place and time and then hoping people show up.

Looking at the maps below . . . how many Lancias are within the included cities? Would it be possible to get 20 cars together? Or are people that uninterested?

Views:	4 
ID:	13857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lancia Meet Midwest Map.JPG 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	13858

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are probably about 5-10 or so in Chicago area, plus another few in Wisconsin. Have to think a bit, but they are all known, largely through either Fuelfed (local coffee and classics folks) or Italian mechanic (oh wise one).

Toledo is good, southern Michigan OK too, also (as noted on Alfa BB), southern Indiana?

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
    Hi Geoff,

Thank you for being the one person out of 216 who viewed this thread who responded. I additionally brought up this idea on the Alfabb and in a Facebook group and received one other response, from Kansas City. Kind of surprised at the lack of enthusiasm, to be honest.

If there are maybe 10 or 12 (or more?) people in all of the Midwest who would be interested in a Lancia owners' gathering, I would be willing to organize one for either this fall or some time in 2019. The location could (would) be determined by what is convenient to the group; I think it makes more sense to first see who is genuinely interested, and then plan it based on their locations and availability, as opposed to picking a place and time and then hoping people show up.

Looking at the maps below . . . how many Lancias are within the included cities? Would it be possible to get 20 cars together? Or are people that uninterested?

ID:	13857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lancia Meet Midwest Map.JPG 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	13858

Thread Information