Thread: A/C wiring question Zagato

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

A/C wiring question Zagato

I'm working on a 82 Zagato and trying to get the A/C to work. Right now I'm not getting power to the "A" relay. I can see on the diagram the wire (going to fuse 1 and 87 on the relay), but I cant read what color that wire is or where is its source. Can anybody help me out with that.

TIA james

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: A/C wiring question Zagato

So I have figured out its a wht/blk wire that comes out of the fuse box, goes into the main loom, and come out a couple inches later with wht/purple wire, each having a single bullet connector. THe wht/purple wire has a red connector. But now I'm lost since I cant see any loose male connectors that dont have a home. My suspicion is they somehow end up at the HVAC unit.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: A/C wiring question Zagato

Have you looked in the Forum's download section? The '79 A/C supplement might help. Beta
    A/C systems can be real buggers to diagnose. I ended up replacing the ENTIRE A/C system
    in my '82 LBZ. Yes EVERYTHING! Expensive & it still doesn't perform as it should. So when
    it was time to address my Scorp's non-functioning A/C system I said fuck it: I jerked it all out.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    Have you looked in the Forum's download section? The '79 A/C supplement might help. Beta
    A/C systems can be real buggers to diagnose. I ended up replacing the ENTIRE A/C system
    in my '82 LBZ. Yes EVERYTHING! Expensive & it still doesn't perform as it should. So when
    it was time to address my Scorp's non-functioning A/C system I said fuck it: I jerked it all out.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll looking into it. I was hoping somebody could just look at their car and let me know where the wire should go.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the wire in the very center of the pict. The red connector has a purple/wht wire, and the black connector is a wht/blk wire which turns on the relay which turns on the compressor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiat.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	13723

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The purple/wht wire with red connector goes to terminal 85 relay, just below relay "A", but I have no idea what that relay is for. The relay is not there so I guess its not important.

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

There used to be an '81/'82 wiring schematic on-line. Showed relays, connectors, color codes, etc.
    Was a nightmare to understand. Dealers of course got a paper pamphlet. Good hunting . . .

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    There used to be an '81/'82 wiring schematic on-line. Showed relays, connectors, color codes, etc.
    Was a nightmare to understand. Dealers of course got a paper pamphlet. Good hunting . . .
    Yes, i have it, but I have the same problem reading the low quality as everybody else does. It also leaves as many questions as it does answers.

Thread Information