Thread: Where to get parts when in the US?

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where to get parts when in the US?

I was hoping that there was a FAQ with the answer to this, but it seems not.

I pay for what-will-be-my 16V next week, but I probably won't be bringing it home until I finish up a project that is in the garage bay where the Integrale will sit.

I want to do a precautionary replacement of the timing belt as soon as I bring the car home. Where should I be looking for parts? I have worked with the folks at Walkers in the past (in my previous, failed, attempts to import an Integrale just before they hit 25 years old).

Are any businesses in the US stocking Integrale parts?

alan

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Where to get parts when in the US?

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks.

Are there enough cars here yet that this is a business opportunity?

alan

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish there were, but I don't think so.

I never waste a shipping opportunity, when I need something - I order lots of other bits and pieces to keep on my shelf for just-in-case.

I just don't think there are enough guys, especially who work on their personal cars, to place a significant enough order to keep an inventory.

my usual go-to's are:

Tanc Barat
    ProJoe
    AECar
    Sean McLane

Integrale EVO1
    UrQuattro
    Scorpion (s)
    Beta (s)
    Integrale 16v

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I started working on my 8v in October when it arrived from Japan, and have since placed about 4 or 5 orders with Tanc and AE Car. Shipping isn't inexpensive, but on the other hand delivery is usually air freight DHL, so it's just a few days. Pricing seems very reasonable for most of the maintenance stuff. Aside from shipping cost, with air freight the delivery time is about the same as most parts houses - it even may be on par with some like Pelican Parts.

I've been pleasantly surprised with availability and access to parts.

Dan.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had a European model Series 1 Lotus Elise for almost 20 years. I am used to getting most parts for that from the UK. My first shipped price quote for a 16V timing belt kit was well over twice what I paid for the timing belt kit (with water pump) for the Elise. I was concerned everything for the Lancia would be that expensive. I have since been quoted prices that are only a bit more than that for the Lotus.

At some point I will need to get a windscreen for the Integrale. Anyone here had to do that and can recommend a source?

alan

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just bought a few parts to do a major service on my 8V. It was well worth my time to make a list of parts and spread my purchase out over 2 vendors. Each one seems to have some stuff they have markedly better pricing on. I could not resist these gorgeous adjustable cam gears:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camgear.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	13781

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since my original post, I have received parts from a couple vendors. Another batch of parts from another vendor should be here Thursday. I also found a place with a shipped price for a windscreen is much less than a windscreen for an Elise, so that is nice.

Unfortunately, I can't bring the Integrale home until I get a Lotus Turbo Esprit out of the garage bay that the Integrale will go into and the Esprit continues to not want to be repaired, no matter how many pretty new parts I buy for it.

Thread Information