Thread: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

Downloads
    Uploads

Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

Does anyone have the original owner's manual for an '81 Zagato?

The one that would usually come in the glovebox when the car was new.

I've never seen one for sale or uploaded anywhere, but I would pay for a good copy, original, or download a good quality scan that I can print.

Master Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

I don't have a spare at the moment but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. Usually with kind of an orangish cover. I think sometimes in dark blue as well. Around 5'' x 8".

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LanciaDave View Post
    I don't have a spare at the moment but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. Usually with kind of an orangish cover. I think sometimes in dark blue as well. Around 5'' x 8".
    Thanks, I've searched Ebay globally, but never found one for the '81 Zagato in the USA version. Just earlier models like the ones you described. So you have one for the '81 Zagato? If so can you post pics of the pages?

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a mint one (E-Bay: $35) yrs. ago. Not really of much utility. Does have the schematic
    of the '81/'82 F.I. evaporative emission control system which I've never seen elsewhere. There
    was an '81 dealer repair supplement which is useful. For '81/'82 Betas Lancia sporadically sent
    their N.A. dealers supplements say for the L-Jet system, A/C, etc. Nothing comprehensive e.g.
    the '75 (to '78 ?) loose leaf LANCIA BETA D.T. TECHNICAL DATA binders. Those were bibles!
    I wouldn't lose sleep over not having an owner's manual. They're not very useful . . .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    I bought a mint one (E-Bay: $35) yrs. ago. Not really of much utility. Does have the schematic
    of the '81/'82 F.I. evaporative emission control system which I've never seen elsewhere. There
    was an '81 dealer repair supplement which is useful. For '81/'82 Betas Lancia sporadically sent
    their N.A. dealers supplements say for the L-Jet system, A/C, etc. Nothing comprehensive e.g.
    the '75 (to '78 ?) loose leaf LANCIA BETA D.T. TECHNICAL DATA binders. Those were bibles!
    I wouldn't lose sleep over not having an owner's manual. They're not very useful . . .
    I don't really need one because it will be actually useful, I just want one because I'm restoring my car and would like to have a copy in the glove box to have all the original equipment. Kind of a completist thing.

I would love to scan one and print it out to make my own if they are impossible to find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Every time I go to a swap meet or flea market I scour the bins for Lancia owners manuals....and occasionally I do find them for cheap. I suspect there's not a lot of people looking for them. I've never seen or come across an early red and blue version of a Zagato instruction manual but I did find a new blue and white owners manual for the 82 Zagato. Its not as nice as the early red and blue ones. The pics look like they were photocopied whereas the early manuals actually look like photos. It also never included wiring diagrams like the early ones did but it did include a loose leaf page that shows vehicle stopping distances and tire information.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180518_205903.jpg   20180518_205921.jpg  
    76 Scorpion
    77 Beta coupe
    82 Zagato
    61 Flaminia PF Coupe
    63 Flaminia Touring 3C GT
    77 BMW 530i
    78 Beta HPE

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D. View Post
    Every time I go to a swap meet or flea market I scour the bins for Lancia owners manuals....and occasionally I do find them for cheap. I suspect there's not a lot of people looking for them. I've never seen or come across an early red and blue version of a Zagato instruction manual but I did find a new blue and white owners manual for the 82 Zagato. Its not as nice as the early red and blue ones. The pics look like they were photocopied whereas the early manuals actually look like photos. It also never included wiring diagrams like the early ones did but it did include a loose leaf page that shows vehicle stopping distances and tire information.
    Todd
    Wow, where are these swap meets with Lancia stuff? Those are some finds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

People have told me about the swap meet at the Imola racetrack in Italy . Vendors on both sides of the entire track.....can you imagine!
    Around here swap meets are dominated by mountains of useless Chevy and Mopar crap but there is always someone selling old manuals, brochures and magazine clippings.
    I've managed to collect many Lancia brochures this way. The pre-Fiat brochures I've found for the Flaminia ,Appia etc are real works of art.
    Keep looking. If all else fails I can try to make a copy of mine.
    Todd
    76 Scorpion
    77 Beta coupe
    82 Zagato
    61 Flaminia PF Coupe
    63 Flaminia Touring 3C GT
    77 BMW 530i
    78 Beta HPE

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I would love to have a copy. I think the odds of finding one here at a swap meet are one and a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D. View Post
    People have told me about the swap meet at the Imola racetrack in Italy . Vendors on both sides of the entire track.....can you imagine!
    Around here swap meets are dominated by mountains of useless Chevy and Mopar crap but there is always someone selling old manuals, brochures and magazine clippings.
    I've managed to collect many Lancia brochures this way. The pre-Fiat brochures I've found for the Flaminia ,Appia etc are real works of art.
    Keep looking. If all else fails I can try to make a copy of mine.
    Todd

Thread Information