Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

  1. #1
    Experienced Lancista abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Does anyone have the original owner's manual for an '81 Zagato?

    The one that would usually come in the glovebox when the car was new.

    I've never seen one for sale or uploaded anywhere, but I would pay for a good copy, original, or download a good quality scan that I can print.

  2. #2
    Master Lancista
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    home
    Posts
    132
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    I don't have a spare at the moment but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. Usually with kind of an orangish cover. I think sometimes in dark blue as well. Around 5'' x 8".

  3. #3
    Experienced Lancista abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Quote Originally Posted by LanciaDave View Post
    I don't have a spare at the moment but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. Usually with kind of an orangish cover. I think sometimes in dark blue as well. Around 5'' x 8".
    Thanks, I've searched Ebay globally, but never found one for the '81 Zagato in the USA version. Just earlier models like the ones you described. So you have one for the '81 Zagato? If so can you post pics of the pages?

  4. #4
    Legendary Lancista
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    leslie, missouri
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,735
    Downloads
    82
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    I bought a mint one (E-Bay: $35) yrs. ago. Not really of much utility. Does have the schematic
    of the '81/'82 F.I. evaporative emission control system which I've never seen elsewhere. There
    was an '81 dealer repair supplement which is useful. For '81/'82 Betas Lancia sporadically sent
    their N.A. dealers supplements say for the L-Jet system, A/C, etc. Nothing comprehensive e.g.
    the '75 (to '78 ?) loose leaf LANCIA BETA D.T. TECHNICAL DATA binders. Those were bibles!
    I wouldn't lose sleep over not having an owner's manual. They're not very useful . . .

  5. #5
    Experienced Lancista abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    I bought a mint one (E-Bay: $35) yrs. ago. Not really of much utility. Does have the schematic
    of the '81/'82 F.I. evaporative emission control system which I've never seen elsewhere. There
    was an '81 dealer repair supplement which is useful. For '81/'82 Betas Lancia sporadically sent
    their N.A. dealers supplements say for the L-Jet system, A/C, etc. Nothing comprehensive e.g.
    the '75 (to '78 ?) loose leaf LANCIA BETA D.T. TECHNICAL DATA binders. Those were bibles!
    I wouldn't lose sleep over not having an owner's manual. They're not very useful . . .
    I don't really need one because it will be actually useful, I just want one because I'm restoring my car and would like to have a copy in the glove box to have all the original equipment. Kind of a completist thing.

    I would love to scan one and print it out to make my own if they are impossible to find.

  6. #6
    Master Lancista Todd D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton,Ontario
    Posts
    192
    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    14

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Every time I go to a swap meet or flea market I scour the bins for Lancia owners manuals....and occasionally I do find them for cheap. I suspect there's not a lot of people looking for them. I've never seen or come across an early red and blue version of a Zagato instruction manual but I did find a new blue and white owners manual for the 82 Zagato. Its not as nice as the early red and blue ones. The pics look like they were photocopied whereas the early manuals actually look like photos. It also never included wiring diagrams like the early ones did but it did include a loose leaf page that shows vehicle stopping distances and tire information.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180518_205903.jpg   20180518_205921.jpg  
    76 Scorpion
    77 Beta coupe
    82 Zagato
    61 Flaminia PF Coupe
    63 Flaminia Touring 3C GT
    77 BMW 530i
    78 Beta HPE

  7. #7
    Experienced Lancista abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd D. View Post
    Every time I go to a swap meet or flea market I scour the bins for Lancia owners manuals....and occasionally I do find them for cheap. I suspect there's not a lot of people looking for them. I've never seen or come across an early red and blue version of a Zagato instruction manual but I did find a new blue and white owners manual for the 82 Zagato. Its not as nice as the early red and blue ones. The pics look like they were photocopied whereas the early manuals actually look like photos. It also never included wiring diagrams like the early ones did but it did include a loose leaf page that shows vehicle stopping distances and tire information.
    Todd
    Wow, where are these swap meets with Lancia stuff? Those are some finds.

  8. #8
    Master Lancista Todd D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton,Ontario
    Posts
    192
    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    14

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    People have told me about the swap meet at the Imola racetrack in Italy . Vendors on both sides of the entire track.....can you imagine!
    Around here swap meets are dominated by mountains of useless Chevy and Mopar crap but there is always someone selling old manuals, brochures and magazine clippings.
    I've managed to collect many Lancia brochures this way. The pre-Fiat brochures I've found for the Flaminia ,Appia etc are real works of art.
    Keep looking. If all else fails I can try to make a copy of mine.
    Todd
    76 Scorpion
    77 Beta coupe
    82 Zagato
    61 Flaminia PF Coupe
    63 Flaminia Touring 3C GT
    77 BMW 530i
    78 Beta HPE

  9. #9
    Experienced Lancista abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    51
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Owner's manual for an '81 Zagato Spider?

    Thanks, I would love to have a copy. I think the odds of finding one here at a swap meet are one and a million.

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd D. View Post
    People have told me about the swap meet at the Imola racetrack in Italy . Vendors on both sides of the entire track.....can you imagine!
    Around here swap meets are dominated by mountains of useless Chevy and Mopar crap but there is always someone selling old manuals, brochures and magazine clippings.
    I've managed to collect many Lancia brochures this way. The pre-Fiat brochures I've found for the Flaminia ,Appia etc are real works of art.
    Keep looking. If all else fails I can try to make a copy of mine.
    Todd

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •