Thread: Does anyone have any experiences with single rear leaf springs?

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have any experiences with single rear leaf springs?

Hello,

I've been searching round a lot to find out how i can lower my Fulvia Berlina (series 2)
    found a lot of interesting information on this forum, but not a lot about lowering the Fulvia.
    now i'm wondering; Does anyone know bout the single leaf springs from historicracing.de?

Or maybe, are there cheaper ways to lower the rear? Doesn't have to be cheap, but a little bit cheaper then those leaf springs would be nice

Thanks in advance!

http://shop.historicracing.de/epages.../HRW-11-01-006

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Does anyone have any experiences with single rear leaf springs?

Can you enlighten us first why you want it lowered? A sport issue? In that case, can't help you there.

But if it simply sitting higher than it should, it may be that the procedure to lock the rear spring bolts is maybe not applied correctly: the bolts that hold the silent rubbers of the springs should all be tensioned with the rear of the car fully LOADED, not a bit but with something like 150kg in the boot.

Last time we did it on my Fulvia we have put a lot of old cylinder blocks in the boot. But anything heavy will do, like sacks with gravel, or whatever.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Does anyone have any experiences with single rear leaf springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
    Can you enlighten us first why you want it lowered? A sport issue? In that case, can't help you there.

But if it simply sitting higher than it should, it may be that the procedure to lock the rear spring bolts is maybe not applied correctly: the bolts that hold the silent rubbers of the springs should all be tensioned with the rear of the car fully LOADED, not a bit but with something like 150kg in the boot.

Last time we did it on my Fulvia we have put a lot of old cylinder blocks in the boot. But anything heavy will do, like sacks with gravel, or whatever.

Thanks for your reply!

It is not for sport/racing purpose.
    it's not too high but and i guess the springs have never ever been removed since it it a fairly original car wich has been sitting for at least 30 years.
    i just want it lowered somewhere around 5cm front and rear, just for the looks.
    found myself a set of nice wheels and want it to fit in a bit better
    read some thing about people removing or inverting leafs, but especially removing leafs doesn't sound like a safe way to go

Thread Information