Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

The 1.2 doesn't need 98 as far as compression is concerned (i.e. 95 is OK , you shouldn't have detonation with it). But the current 95 (in Europe) contains a quite high volume of added ethanol, and while the engine itself doesn't mind, the plastics and rubbers of the time in the fuel system don't seem to cope very well with it.

That why we prefer 98, because that one is pure petrol, without the addition of ethanol.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Questions:
    6. Is it okay when there is already euro95 fuel in (which i don't know) to add euro98 fuel?
    7. I will drive the car 250km to my home. How to approach that 250km with the Fulvia? How many stops?
    8. I think I did read something about checking the gearbox oil level, but where can I find that dipstick? (how does it look like?)

I will put euro 98 in, i don't want to damage some rubber parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

6. Is it okay when there is already euro95 fuel in (which i don't know) to add euro98 fuel?

Yes, no problem. You mix 95 and 98 as much as you want (you will actually end up with something like 96 or 87 octane number, which is fine).

7. I will drive the car 250km to my home. How to approach that 250km with the Fulvia? How many stops?

The Fulvia fuel tank is rather small in contents (38 liter). Gives a range of about 350km when full. Unless the engine/carbs are not set correctly, then a bit less. The fuel indicator has a warning light for nearing empty which lights up quite early.

8. I think I did read something about checking the gearbox oil level, but where can I find that dipstick? (how does it look like?)
    look from the left side of the bonnet (the engine side); at the left side of the gearbox, there is a big black plastic dipstick sticking out of the gearbox side. It is a bit deep down, but you can hardly miss it. If you want to refill, better take a plastic tube (about 1cm outside diameter) and a funnel, because it is quite difficult to fill oil in it with spilling it all around otherwise, the dipstick opening to refill being a bit deep down in.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

typo in my last message: 87 was 97
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

A tip for filling the engine oil. Pull the dip stick out. It allows the air to come out without burping oil back up the filler tube.....

Downloads
    Uploads

The Fulvia fuel tank is rather small in contents (38 liter). Gives a range of about 350km when full. Unless the engine/carbs are not set correctly, then a bit less. The fuel indicator has a warning light for nearing empty which lights up quite early.
    The actual range of most Fulvias (in good condition) is near 450km for a full tank. I mentioned the 350km as range, because that is when I start looking for fuel station
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Added question 9. to start post...

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Again thats a new one on me, its either been removed from my car or its been added by a previous owner. I suspect the latter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Point 9??? Don't see it...
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Castagnero View Post
    Added question 9. to start post...
    photo terrible! But could be car radio aerial lead lhats broken from aerial....

Thread Information