Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Hello Lancisti,

UPDATE:
    I-am-now-the-proud-owner-of-a-Fulvia-Coupé (Introduction thread)

I have many questions, for many i can find answers on the net. But there are also many that only Fulvia Coupé owners can point me directly to the answer.

1. What is that knob to the left for? (surrounded by blue)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060084.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	601.6 KB 
ID:	13708

UPDATE: I followed the wires and the knob seems to be for adjusting the volume of the radio.... The little italians could not stretch to the radio button..

2. Is it very harmful for the Fulvia to let it outside for 3 nights with eventually rain pouring on it? Maybe a cover on it to protect?
    3. Is there info somewhere that explains all the switches in the interior what they do and how to operate them?
    4. Where can i find a detailed coverage of the original parts that where on the Fulvia when it left the factory?
    5. What type of fuel to put in the Fulvia Coupé?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    6. Is it okay when there is already euro95 fuel in (which i don't know) to add euro98 fuel?
    7. I will drive the car 250km to my home. How to approach that 250km with the Fulvia? How many stops?
    8. I think I did read something about checking the gearbox oil level, but where can I find that dipstick? (how does it look like?)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    9. What is that cable's function, attached to the inside wheel arch inside the boot?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5049 crop.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	13725
    Radio transmitter cable but the antenna was abandonded.

10. Which tyres are the original tyres, dimension etc. What are the tyres to buy these days for the Fulvia?
    11. Is there a way to put on the hazard warning lights? I can not find it in the manual.

That are the questions for now but i will come back to the forum many times.
    Last edited by Castagnero; 30th August 2018 at 04:28 AM. Reason: I now have a Fulvia Coupé. Answered my own quesions... ;)

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a link to the owner's manual, which will explain the switches / controls.
    http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downlo...?do=file&id=22
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello, soon I will be a (newbie) Fulvisti (Coupé) . A couple of questions...

The knob circuled in blue isnt on my series 1 so i bant help you on that, I leave my fulvia outside in the weather during the summer months and store it for the winter and I use regular unleaded petrol because series 1 fulvias have hardened valve seats.

Downloads
    Uploads

The small knob seems like a specific add-on, not standard. You will have to look where it leads to.

95 unleaded is fine for the S1, except the 1.6HF and - maybe, that's a matter of discussion - the 1.3S, due to their higher Compression Ratio.

Do NOT add lead substitute, it will possibly harm your engine. The Fulvia doesn't need leaded fuel.

If you want to have in debt knowledge of what parts are there and where, get the Fulvia parts catalog. It is available on CD via various sources, e.g. Ebay, for a really reasonable price. It is a source of valuable information, be it it takes a while to find your way in it. It is the documentation I used almost all the time, more than the workshop manual.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its a guess, but given it looks like a vario-switch and its located on the heater control panel is it a fan speed adjustment? As already pointed out definitely not original.

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The answer to question 2) depends on the condition of the car. If the car was always stored inside, has no rust, and good paint, then you should not be the first one to keep it outside and trigger a decline in its condition. If the car is a daily driver that was parked outside for decades, then whatever you do will not
    change things materially.

Enjoy!

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the forum! Also have a look at this site:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.casa-fulvia.nl/
    Here you can order cd's for you Fulvia, parts catalog shop manual, tecnical data documents etc.

A must have for a fulvia owner.

Downloads
    Uploads

With unspecified (generally) amounts of ethanol in 95 grade fuel I avoid like the plague! I always use premium 98/97 octane and preferably Shell Optimax to minimise ethanol. Yes it costs a bit more but its your hobby car and used infrequently the ethanol will enjoy all the rubbery bits in the car's fuel system.

Downloads
    Uploads

I admit I do the same now. I use 98 (continental Europe) for my 302 engine. I am not convinced that the ethanol containing 95 will be really harmful, but why take chances. There has been ethanol in the fuel for many years over here, and I used to fill with 95 before (so there was already ethanol in it). Didn't produce any trouble. But I changed over to 98 when they started with 95 E10 with higher ethanol contents. Still, you may not have the option of anything else but ethanol containing fuel in some countries.

The main remark is: the Fulvia engines (all of them) do not need leaded fuel, and do NOT use lead substitute (lead substitute, I am not talking about octane booster, which is something different). While it is difficult to actually prove, there have been cases where it seems to have induced burnt valves (while the substitute was intended to protect those). Anyway, since it is not needed, why add it anyway.
    Lancia Fulvia 2C 1964
    Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1,3 1968
    Porsche 924 1979
    Alfa Romeo 33 1.4IE 1993

Downloads
    Uploads

So it's better to have 98 fuel in the S1 1.2?

Added 2 questions to start post.

Thread Information