Thread: S2 upper door weather strip

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

S2 upper door weather strip

Hi
    Having purchased new upper door weather strips for my Fulvia, the originals were not doing anything when it came to keeping rain out.
    Having spent most of the weekend trying to fit one of them, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for refitting these strips.

I have noticed on the inside edge there's a thin piece of rubber and I can't work out if it should sit on top of the roof lining finishing strip or go down the gap between?

As always, any suggestions will be very welcome.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: S2 upper door weather strip

Paul,
    I can tell you what i recall doing. Unfortunately it was many, many years ago so i could be somewhat wrong plus someone might have a better way of doing it.
    * took off the door trim and removed the glass and window mechanism (take special note of every twist and turn that you made to get it out as it can be a PITA to reinstall)
    * removed the strip that the felt seal is attached to and clean. Note where the screw holes are in the strip
    * I used a high strength waterproof flexible glue by Sikaflex to bond the felt to the strip and I held it in place with a clamping strip whilst the glue dried
    * reinstall
    Mick

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mick,
    Thank you for taking the time for this, unfortunately I don't think I was clear enough, it's the thick rubber strip that goes around the top half go the door that the window presses against when you close the door. Do you have any experience with this?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Wattsy View Post
    Paul,
    I can tell you what i recall doing. Unfortunately it was many, many years ago so i could be somewhat wrong plus someone might have a better way of doing it.
    * took off the door trim and removed the glass and window mechanism (take special note of every twist and turn that you made to get it out as it can be a PITA to reinstall)
    * removed the strip that the felt seal is attached to and clean. Note where the screw holes are in the strip
    * I used a high strength waterproof flexible glue by Sikaflex to bond the felt to the strip and I held it in place with a clamping strip whilst the glue dried
    * reinstall
    Mick

Senior Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Ive just replaced mine, what i did was put a little lubrication on the part that slots into the channel then i pushed the inward part in first before i used a large blunt screwdriver to gently persuade the other side into the outer side of the rail, I started from the corner and worked out to either end.
    Hope this description makes sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

paul,
    are you meaning the weatherstrip that's fastened to the car body at the door opening?
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    paul,
    are you meaning the weatherstrip that's fastened to the car body at the door opening?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby Bates View Post
    Yes.
    ahh, i thought that might be the case. i think others thought you meant the channel in the upper door frame? maybe someone can shed some light on this for you. i have a fulvia sport, so the weatherstrip is different. when i fit mine though, i scoured the internet for pictures to aid me in getting it put on right.
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

Thread Information