Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Color code

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Color code

maybe this will help
    this sticker is from a Fulvia 3 (not mine) metallic brown with green carpets

anyway, If you want to make only partial painting, the tint of the color code will not be identical, even if the car was never repainted...
    only a good painter or a colorer can scan the current paint of the car and redo an exact tint

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm planning to paint the whole car, trying to be loyal to originality since I believe it has a value and I kinda like the colour but if there's "no obligation" to stay with the original colour since there's no proof of the original colour that I can pick from the colour palette of that year with the proper upholstery. What do you think guys about colour choice in case there's no proof of original colour?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0883.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	563.2 KB 
ID:	13628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0844.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	504.9 KB 
ID:	13629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0843.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	603.3 KB 
ID:	13630

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like bronzo Ascot metallizzato (Glasurit LAN 236)
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by iBrant View Post
    ... What do you think guys about colour choice in case there's no proof of original colour?
    when a car has been completely repainted, one can usualy find the original color inside the doors or even by sanding the last paint

I think that when a guy change the original color of an italian sport car, he chooses red (rosso corsa...) rather than brown
    (not always however, My Alfa's original paint was light apple green and has been repainted metallic brown by its first owner...)

your body color may be original
    but the front seats looks like they are not original, flutes in the center part and pipping are missing and looks like cloth instead of vinyl (bad work in my opinion)
    Last edited by AJMA11; 18th April 2018 at 12:51 PM.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AJMA11 View Post
    when a car has been completely repainted, one can usualy find the original color inside the doors or even by sanding the last paint

I think that when a guy change the original color of an italian sport car, he chooses red (rosso corsa...) rather than brown
    (not always however, My Alfa's original paint was light apple green and has been repainted metallic brown by its first owner...)

but the front seats looks like they are not original, flutes in the center part and pipping are missing and looks like cloth instead of vinyl (bad work in my opinion)
    Oh Ajma.. think 70’s.. think about these crazy colors like the brown and yellow ochre, dark greens.. orange.. why to go to the obvious Italian red and be like everybody.. anyways that’s the car.. brownishly shine..
    Thanks for the tip about the chair, I’ll try to understand what are the flutes and the pipes.. and yes, it’s sure not a vinyl but some kind of cloth.. I thought they made like this originally

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AJMA11 View Post

As I said earlier this is a Fulvia 3 with lurid v 70's colour velour cloth in greens mustard orange etc - It is how Fiat started directing the down fall of the Lancia brand we all love (ooops should not have gone there...)...

Downloads
    Uploads

The upholstery could be original; the cloth didn't use the same fluting as the vinyl. And this looks faded, but the pattern appears correct. According to my color chart for the Fulvia '3', the cloth options with bronzo Ascot were either gold or green
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

@Ed
    you are right, sorry,
    I did not imagine that S3 had been so much downgraded by Fiat

I found this picture of S3 with green seats and carpet, so IBrant's Fulvia may be fully original

@IBrant
    I am not at all a fan of red cars, none of my cars is "rosso corsa", my Fulvia is "rosso york", that is more or less between red and brown (amarante or bordeaux)

this picture of S2, shows what are pipping and flutes

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you'll find that the "fluting" in the S2 vinyl is simply embossed, not actually tucked.
    Last edited by 1,6 HF; 20th April 2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

right again Ed
    or maybe just stiched over a thin layer of foam, I shall know exactly when I shall redo mine (project for next year I hope)

Thread Information