Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Lancia guy from Sweden with some new projects

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Old Lancia guy from Sweden with some new projects

Hi All,

I have owned Lancias ever since I got my driving license 30 years ago.

I started of with a 1968 Fulvia Rallye Coupé 1,3. It was a nice looking car, but was not maintained properly by previous owners, so it always caused lots of problems. Very nice car to drive when it worked and I learned a lot about fixing cars. Next Lancia was actually a long term loan from my father, a Fulvia Berlina GTE, a really nice car, which I still miss today sometimes.

From the Fulvias I moved to Flaminia, I bought a Touring Convertible 3C 2,8, a truly fantastic car that I still own over 20 years later.

I have had Lancias as everyday cars as much as possible in addition to the hobby cars. My first everyday car was a Lancia Thema that i bought when we got a kid and got the need for a car that could be used regularly (Instead of sometimes in pieces all over the garage ). The car ended its life and that of a wild-boar, after five years of good service)
    The next car was a Thesis that I imported from Germany. A fabulous car that really have got some Flaminia genes. We had it as everyday car for a bit more than five years, until It started to need to much repairs to be practical as everyday car. The unlikely also happened that a Lancia importer started in Sweden, so I took the very brief chance to buy a Delta III as everyday car.
    Somewhere there an Ypsilon also came into the family.

Sweden has not really had any good importer of Lancia since 1968. SAAB imported them for a number of years, but only imported the dullest versions, so not compete with their own cars. Then there was nothing until 2010-2011 where FIAT for a brief moment treid agan, with no marketing an ridiculously high prices, which of course quickly failed...

I have over the years been involved in the Swedish Lancia club, were I have been chairman for a number of years, Now I try to reduce the club work, although I enjoy organizing meetings now and then, and also write some articles.

I have never let go of my urges for Fulvias, so recently bought two Fulvias again, a ex-rally car 1965 Berlina, that probably long term will turned into an Appendix K car (it's a bit to modified to turn back to a nice road car), and a very nice 1,6 HF (also an ex-rally car I believe)
    The HF was some small problems that needs to be addressed before getting back on the road and some others that I will sort out later.
    Even thoug I know my Fulvias I still have a lot to learn about the HF, and I thing this forums seems to be the right place to get the information.
    I guess I will start a new thread on my 1,6 HF in the Fulva forum, for all of the questions I have.
    Last edited by Kaha; 17th January 2018 at 01:06 AM.
    Karl

1964 Flaminia Touring Convertible 3C 2.8
    1965 Fulvia Berlina (Appendix K project)
    1969 Fulvia 1,6 HF
    1999 Ypsilon
    2003 Thesis 3,2
    2011 Delta 1,8 Di T-Jet

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Old Lancia guy from Sweden with some new projects

Karl,

Welcome to the forum! We'll try to help with your questions
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I still have to introduce myself properly but have been 'lurking' on these forums for over a year now!

Sounds like you have a nice collection of very nice cars

Your post really perked my interest as I have a 1969 Fulvia 1.3S that is from Sweden. It has swedish Lancia club stickers on the dash. It was a one owner from new car, I have all the MOT's and guarantee from new. I bought the car from a fellow forum member who got the car from Sweden. I've been trying to contact your club to see if the club knew of the car but couldn't find anything on the internet. It would be great if you did know of the car and any information on it.

If at any point you wouldn't mind checking any records I would be very grateful. Sorry to hassle on your first post, just excited to hear that the Lancia club of Sweden is stil going!

I must get on and post some pics and do a proper introduction myself, as this forum has been an invaulable source of information with lots of helpful people on here.

Cheers,

Mark
    Last edited by ShrediKnight; 17th January 2018 at 03:35 PM.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, was the first owner of your car Philp Jansson?
    Karl

1969 Fulvia 1,6 HF
    1999 Ypsilon
    2003 Thesis 3,2
    2011 Delta 1,8 Di T-Jet

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Karl,

Yes it was!!!

Wow, that's incredible. I'm smiling a lot right now.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Mark

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, then you have got yourself a little gem!

Oddly enough I was talking to Philips son about a month ago about that actual car and its whereabouts.
    I was a bit sad to hear that it had left the country, but now it is good to hear that it ended up at an enthusiast!

Philip really only had 3 cars in his life. Just after WW2 he bought a 30s Lancia Aprilia. In 1953 he exchanged the old Aprilia for a 1946 Aprilia.
    That exchange also started the Swedish Lancia club (the second oldest Lancia club in the world). The guy who bought Philips first Aprilia know some other Aprilia owners and that was the start of the club.
    In 1969 Philip decided to upgrade to a Fulvia as daily driver which he kept until his death in 2010.
    Philip was very very careful with the maintained of the car. He said that he had only done one big thing with the engine, and that was that he removed the top after 60 000 km, just so he could inspect it for wear, he found none...
    Philip was a very skilled watch maker, and had been so all his working life. He was for years chairman of the watchmaking guild in Sweden and he was also the royal watchmaker.
    Here is a short film about Philips work at the royal castle (unfortunately only in Swedish)
    https://www.oppetarkiv.se/video/2546...ngligt-uppdrag
    Philip himself complained a bit about the resulting film, one of his biggest issues was that the film crew had filmed him arriving at the court yard with the Fulvia, but left that part out in the final film
    Karl

1969 Fulvia 1,6 HF
    1999 Ypsilon
    2003 Thesis 3,2
    2011 Delta 1,8 Di T-Jet

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Karl,

All I can say is amazed! Thank you so much for the information and the background of the owner. I can see that the car had been very well maintained and it still runs beautifully I’m slowly working my way through the car sorting niggles that a car of a certain age acquires! But overall the car is still very solid and absolutely I love it.

I’m so happy to know more about the history of the car and Philip sounds like a very interesting character indeed. Fascinating to hear that he had three Lancias and the formation of the club. I can’t watch the film at the moment as you can’t outside of Sweden but a friend can get it for me to watch this evening. Very much looking forward to that.

Once again, thank you so much for the further information and I’ll try and get some pictures of the car up this evening.

Many thanks,

Mark

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Karl,

Here's a couple of photos of the car now. One is with my friends early 911 and my brother's 240z and one's of the interior with the club stickers.

Once again thanks for the info, has made my day

Looking forward to watching the video when I can access it.

Many thanks,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interior_resize.jpg   Car_Resize.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

thats not a factory configuration on those dash switches is it?
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

No, it has had an electric windscreen washer motor installed at some point with a knob fitted to operate it.

Cheers,

Mark

Thread Information