Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: photos

  1. #11
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    oregon city, oregon
    Posts
    15
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Of course you did. It's right at the top of the articles section on the front page.

    Attachment 13331
    I just don't see where you are. I have, at the top of my page, the following:

    Home What's New Forum Groups Blogs Link Dir Downloads Gallery a search bar that I used to look for photos
    Forum Home New Posts Private Messages FAQ Calendar Community Forum Actions Quick Links

    No "articles"

  2. #12
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,953
    Downloads
    71
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by michellehrand View Post
    trying again.

    going to image... got jpg file.... got waiting for upload ... to 100%... got brief waiting for lancisti server... then... see if this is showing my buddy boarding a young arab horse for first time....
    Send it to me at djrichards@lancisti.net.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  3. #13
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,953
    Downloads
    71
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by michellehrand View Post
    I just don't see where you are. I have, at the top of my page, the following:

    Home What's New Forum Groups Blogs Link Dir Downloads Gallery a search bar that I used to look for photos
    Forum Home New Posts Private Messages FAQ Calendar Community Forum Actions Quick Links

    No "articles"
    Are you on the Home Page or the Forum Page?

    The Articles section is on the Home Page.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  4. #14
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    oregon city, oregon
    Posts
    15
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Send it to me at djrichards@lancisti.net.
    For your email, will send screenshots ; tried again to attach Satch's saab here, bet it does not work. Will email what I am doing to your email shortly

  5. #15
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,953
    Downloads
    71
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: photos

    The file is 4032x3024 pixels and 6.3 MB in size. That was what was preventing you from attaching it.

    I resized it to 2048x1536 and reduced it to 1.9 MB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saab.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	13334
    Last edited by DJ; 16th January 2018 at 09:56 PM.
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  6. #16
    Active Lancista
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    oregon city, oregon
    Posts
    15
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    The file is 4032x3024 pixels and 6.3 MB in size. That was what was preventing you from attaching it.

    I resized it to 2048x1536 and reduced it to 1.9 MB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saab.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	13334
    Oh for pete's sake. Well I will have to learn how to do that. It didn't return an error on size, but I do know how to check that. Thanks.

  7. #17
    Site Founder DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pascagoula, Mississippi
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,953
    Downloads
    71
    Uploads
    42
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by michellehrand View Post
    Oh for pete's sake. Well I will have to learn how to do that. It didn't return an error on size, but I do know how to check that. Thanks.
    No worries. I'm not crazy about the way this older version of software works but it's what we have and I'm not inclined to purchase another forum software at this point. And there would be a lot of work to convert things over.

    I'm at the point where I am more inclined to turn over the site to someone else. After all these years it's getting close to time to move on. :-)
    DJ Richards
    eBay ID: classic-ricambi
    1978 Beta Coupe, Nero

  8. #18
    Legendary Lancista SubGothius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,179
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    1

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    C'mon on, folks. Has no one read the detailed article called "Adding photos to a forum post"?
    I have, and even linked that article in my reply noting that those instructions don't work for PMs, as Michelle asked in her initial post; they only work for public posts in the forum.
    Best regards,
    -Tye (1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider)

    "In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."
    -Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

  9. #19
    Legendary Lancista bmarler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    508
    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    1
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    No worries. I'm not crazy about the way this older version of software works but it's what we have and I'm not inclined to purchase another forum software at this point. And there would be a lot of work to convert things over.

    I'm at the point where I am more inclined to turn over the site to someone else. After all these years it's getting close to time to move on. :-)
    dj,
    please know that all of us members here really value what you've done for us here. this free site is my favorite way to converse with other lancia fanatics like me. i'm sure i speak for the other forum members as well. some things like uploading pictures can take a bit of a learning curve, but once you know how, it's pretty simple.
    again, we know this is a free site, with no support from advertisers, no pop ups and the like. that in itself is a huge benefit for all of us subscribers. please be assured we value what you do for us.
    brian
    bmarler/
    1967 fulvia sport zagato
    1961 appia vignale convert.

  10. #20
    Legendary Lancista 1,6 HF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    5,268
    Downloads
    40
    Uploads
    52

    Re: photos

    Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    dj,
    please know that all of us members here really value what you've done for us here. this free site is my favorite way to converse with other lancia fanatics like me. i'm sure i speak for the other forum members as well. some things like uploading pictures can take a bit of a learning curve, but once you know how, it's pretty simple.
    again, we know this is a free site, with no support from advertisers, no pop ups and the like. that in itself is a huge benefit for all of us subscribers. please be assured we value what you do for us.
    brian
    Amen to that
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •