Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lancia Thesis 3.0 V6

Just got this home to New Zealand imported from Germany. Have spent a fair sum on it getting it to NZ MoT standards, new rotors, pads all round, new taillights and the list goes on.

However, the electronics, have an error, DEFEKT EPB and am guessing the parking brake has a fault which corroborates the red hot discs (front) on driving plus poor performance.

The car rolls freely in N, so am not getting the issue.

Any ideas what I ought to check? As brake work was done i will home in on that to ensure all things reconnected but was hoping to get some advice in parallel.

Thanks, Doug

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Lancia Thesis 3.0 V6

Doug,

Congratulations on the acquisition. The best English-language Thesis forum I know of is here:
    http://www.viva-lancia.com/lancia_fora/list.php?21
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Ed, much appreciated. I can manage issues with the Fulvia etc but this new beast is a different kettle of fish. Plus I suspect its the only one below the equator, certainly the only one in New Zealand, so local expertise is not to be had, thanks again, Doug

Downloads
    Uploads

Good luck with it -- it's a fascinating model.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Experienced Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The EPB problems can be a number of things. First of all I can be the calipers being stuck, often when water or mud is present in to much quantity. The calipers can usually be freed by manually putting them on then off. The permanent solution is to remove them and properly clean an oil them (beware that you probably will need a FIAT workshop computer to force them open so that they can be removed).
    Another possibility is the small EPB battery that is starting to malfunction. It is quite easy to replace.
    (On the other hand the EPB acts on the rear wheels)

One tip is that a lot of the electrical gizmos that are hare to troubleshoot for normal mechanics was carried over to the Maserati Quattroporte. See if you got a friendly Maserati workshop in NZ.

Active Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it. The brakes are functioning fine as have replaced all rotors pads etc, which was when the light appeared. Clearing the error message may work so will hunt down a garage that has such capabilities. Thanks again, Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Kaha View Post
    The EPB problems can be a number of things. First of all I can be the calipers being stuck, often when water or mud is present in to much quantity. The calipers can usually be freed by manually putting them on then off. The permanent solution is to remove them and properly clean an oil them (beware that you probably will need a FIAT workshop computer to force them open so that they can be removed).
    Another possibility is the small EPB battery that is starting to malfunction. It is quite easy to replace.
    (On the other hand the EPB acts on the rear wheels)

One tip is that a lot of the electrical gizmos that are hare to troubleshoot for normal mechanics was carried over to the Maserati Quattroporte. See if you got a friendly Maserati workshop in NZ.

Thread Information