Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCA certification

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

FCA certification

Well thats unfortunate any of you had better luck ?

With reference to your request I inform you that, if your car VIN is 14092, there is no information on your car, we are sorry but unfortunately in the past the Lancia Museum, which managed the Lancia archives, did not keep all the production registers or other lists of Lancia Fulvia Coupé (Series 818.360).

Best regards

Centro Storico Fiat

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\tstroink\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.png[/IMG]

PARTECIPAZIONI

Archivio e Centro Storico Fiat
    Via Chiabrera 24/A
    10126 Torino

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: FCA certification

It's not inconceivable that someone will stumble across some filing cabinets in a dark corner of a warehouse in Torino. But officially, Fulvia production records do not exist.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Downloads
    Uploads

Ed,
    Not sure what FCA Certification means.
    however 818 360 chassis Number 14092 was built in the latter half of 1970, the chassis range for 1970 was 10436-17827
    These figures came from build sheets that came to my attention about 3 years ago, I circulated copies to many in the Lancia World and forums, and I thought to this site as well.
    Tim Speechley, at Fiat Uk until his retirement, was our contact to try to determine build dates, as in the UK vehicles BUILT, not registered, before the end of 1972 were considered to be Historic, and did not have to pay road tax, a good incentive for finding out when your Fulvia etc was built.
    Tim had to be as accurate as possible, but with no records available Tim used to email me vehicle details, I would then check with the 2nd edition of La Lancia, and from the information gleaned that I supplied Tim, he would make an educated guess if the vehicle in question complied, Tim would then notify our Department of Vehicle licensing, and supply the owner with a letter to confirm when the vehicle was built; a bit hit and miss I agree, but as no records were thought to exist, it was the best we could do.
    With these documents coming to my attention I immediately supplied Tim with copies, and until he retired these were the basis for dating.
    Tim also asked would it be OK for him to supply copies to Fiat/lancia in Turin.
    so I don't know why Storica should say they have no records.
    I have no way of telling where these records originated but they seem to be genuine build records.

Brian
    Last edited by fay66; 14th November 2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Error in transcribing

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fay66 View Post
    Ed,
    Not sure what FCA Certification means.
    however 818 360 chassis Number 14092 was built in the latter half of 1969, the chassis range for 1969 was 1153-10435.
    These figures came from build sheets that came to my attention about 3 years ago, I circulated copies to many in the Lancia World and forums, and I thought to this site as well.
    Tim Speechley, at Fiat Uk until his retirement, was our contact to try to determine build dates, as in the UK vehicles BUILT, not registered, before the end of 1972 were considered to be Historic, and did not have to pay road tax, a good incentive for finding out when your Fulvia etc was built.
    Tim had to be as accurate as possible, but with no records available Tim used to email me vehicle details, I would then check with the 2nd edition of La Lancia, and from the information gleaned that I supplied Tim, he would make an educated guess if the vehicle in question complied, Tim would then notify our Department of Vehicle licensing, and supply the owner with a letter to confirm when the vehicle was built; a bit hit and miss I agree, but as no records were thought to exist, it was the best we could do.
    With these documents coming to my attention I immediately supplied Tim with copies, and until he retired these were the basis for dating.
    Tim also asked would it be OK for him to supply copies to Fiat/lancia in Turin.
    so I don't know why Storica should say they have no records.
    I have no way of telling where these records originated but they seem to be genuine build records.

Brian
    Hi Brian

Another Tim here!

Think you superimposed the numbers as 14092 is mid way through 1970 from those sheets.

FCA Heritage offer a service to get production information about a chassis plate of their models (Lancia, Alfa etc) https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/servizi-classici (not working right now).
    You fill in an online form they contact you to say they have some records about that chassis and invite you to part with either 30eu (for a short email report) or 70eu (for a printout of the same report). It says nothing about the car currently, only what it was manufactrured to.

Re Lancias factory records which are used for this service my understanding was records were lost in the Fiat takeover . The FCA Heritage have most of them but not Fulvia and I suspect Gamma (?).

Not very helpful.

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=lancialulu;71297]Hi Brian

Another Tim here!

Think you superimposed the numbers as 14092 is mid way through 1970 from those sheets.

FCA Heritage offer a service to get production information about a chassis plate of their models (Lancia, Alfa etc) https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/servizi-classici (not working right now).
    You fill in an online form they contact you to say they have some records about that chassis and invite you to part with either 30eu (for a short email report) or 70eu (for a printout of the same report). It says nothing about the car currently, only what it was manufactrured to.

Re Lancias factory records which are used for this service my understanding was records were lost in the Fiat takeover . The FCA Heritage have most of them but not Fulvia and I suspect Gamma (?).

Not very helpful.

Tim[/QUOTE
    ]Hi Tim,
    Thanks for that, yes I did make an error in transcribing, which I've now changed, butI had to re-input this post, as the first time I tried to post using my phone, the site wouldn't accept the post.

Perhaps someone can translate the header.
    "Dico/Ast
    Prospetto Riassuntivo Autovetture Costruite Annualmente Dall Anno 1962 al 1969"
    "{1Numeri di veicolo sono quelli di costruzione} Dati TEPRO /FAG {Foglio 11}"

Foglio 11- 12 & 13 Cover Years 1962-1969. Foglio 14 & 15 Cover Years 1970-1977 but nothing is recorded after 1975.
    As an aside I was told about 1995 when I first got interested in Fulvias, that the Lancia records were stored in a basemen,t but were lost in a flood, but I can't remember who told me
    Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes -- we all have access to the yearly production sheets; they've been available online for a few years. So for any given chassis number, we know what year it was built, and can interpolate an approximate build date -- remembering no essentially no production in August or the end of December. But we have no true production records to document engine number, gearbox number, &c.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

New Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,

thanks for all the interesting answers regarding the built sheets my 14092 is a first series 1.3 S engine number 818.303 but bottem and top end 818.302 it has the oil cooler, brake servo etc. , it was newly delivered in CH in May 1970. The car as know must be one of the last first series S built as it has no alluminium doors and lids. As during that period Fiat was involved they must have taking the parts from stocks available ?, later half of 1969 I think is the most feasible.

Regards
    Ton

Downloads
    Uploads

Only the very early 1,3S have aluminum doors; they were remaining stock for the 'non-S' 1.3. Steel doors are standard for the 1,3S.
    Ed Levin
    Fulvia 1,6 HF

Legendary Lancista
    Downloads
    Uploads

The numbers you quote are type numbers not production serial numbers so not so helpful in dating production.

If you look on the main castings (head, block, crankcase, gearbox) there are casting dates either in the form of a date or a clock face with a year stamped in the middle. They will at least give you an "it was built after..." date.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ncundy View Post
    The numbers you quote are type numbers not production serial numbers so not so helpful in dating production.

If you look on the main castings (head, block, crankcase, gearbox) there are casting dates either in the form of a date or a clock face with a year stamped in the middle. They will at least give you an "it was built after..." date.
    Neil,
    The numbers after the model numbers are the chassis numbers, and the build figures are for 1 year.
    You can only take an educated guess by dividing by 12, which will give some sort of idea of how many were built in a month to give a rough date.
    Having worked in motor manufacturing for 25 years I know you have highs and lows in build, so any data is only going to be an approximation.
    I am aware of casting dates, and you could well have dates from when the same casting was manufactured for another model.
    To be honest I can't see the point of trying to pin a date down by casting numbers, perhaps I'm missing something, but without full records being available, a date can never be that accurate, and can only be ever be an approximate, however you determine it.
    Brian

Thread Information