View RSS Feed

mc_rossi100

Having trouble identifying the Lancia Fulvia registration

Rate this Entry
Hi. I’m about to make the final payment on a Lancia Fulvia I plan to purchase in the UK and import to California where I live. The seller has produced a registration for the vehicle but I’m concerned that it may not match the car. Some of this is because the seller said it was originally a 1975 1.3. Then when I said a 1975 was going to be a problem to register in California, a copy of the registration was produced that shows it may be a 1974 (and it does say that on the registration form). The seller says he made a mistake (hey...that happens).

The copy of the registration shows this number: 818630061186. That seems to confirm its a 74’ but upon further review of one of the pics, the stamp number on the hood gutter shows a barely detectable number that starts with the 818 number but the last digits are completely different from the registration. Should I be worried? I can only go off pictures for now. Is there another way the seller can send a picture of the registration number of the car that matches the copy of the registration I was sent? I’m hoping it’s an easy thing to clarify but would like some insight.

Many thanks,

MCR

Submit "Having trouble identifying the Lancia Fulvia registration" to Digg Submit "Having trouble identifying the Lancia Fulvia registration" to del.icio.us Submit "Having trouble identifying the Lancia Fulvia registration" to StumbleUpon Submit "Having trouble identifying the Lancia Fulvia registration" to Google

Comments

I'd get in contact with Ed Levin who might be able to help you once he's seen the photos