View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Even less this weekend...

I've been selling off my spare Bertone X1/9 parts over on Xweb. I was shocked at how many spares I collected over the past 6 years, and that I apparently even forgot what I had as there is some duplication...

About the only thing I did was mock up the installation of my spare tire saddle that I got from Pete Whitstone and saw that it was sitting against the cam cover. I removed the aluminum insulation sandwich and now the saddle can sit down a little better at the rear tab, so the ...
    Tags: scorpion Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Not too much done this weekend!

This weekend was a busy one with non-car stuff.

Car-wise, my Bertone's new owner took the train down from B.C. and picked up the car. We chatted briefly about a few details, but really it's just a good solid X. The new owner is an enthusiast who occasionally autocrosses. Kinda sad seeing it go, but excited too because now I can really set to work fussing with the Scorpion.

With the Bertone gone I was able to take a moment to get a proper pic of the Scorpion with the ...

Updated 13th December 2011 at 04:07 PM by Gregory Smith

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunday Wrenching

Day two of getting down and dirty with my new Scorpion was a mixed bag.

I found out a great deal about how this car's A/C controls and wiring are designed. Unfortunately I also found out how many kludges were done to it previously:

Here's just a sample of the P.O. wiring removed:

I did discover ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saturday Wrenching...

Gave my Bertone a bath so it could be nice and shiny for its new owner next weekend.

Got down and dirty with the Scorpion. Started innocently enough with vacuuming and such, then devolved into full electrical gremlin attack mode.

First a pit stop in "seat slider hell" as I freed up the seats in their rails with lots of vacuum and lubrication work. Not a whole lot of seat angle adjustment there.

Then I moved on to the glove box light (no + wire in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My first Scorpion

My story so far...

Picked up my first Scorpion Nov. 12th. It's a '77, vin#137AS0101762. White with red interior. My friend Val told me about it. I've always wanted one and never quite was able to jump on one at the right time until now. Got a ride to Seattle and bought it and drove it home. Ran well, if a little on the cool side. Loud. Schroth harness on the driver's side is annoying.

The interior has been modified a little, with some of the red parts painted black. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778