View RSS Feed

DJ's Projects

After many years of searching for a nice Beta Coupe, I recently was fortunate enough to be entrusted with a very nice 1978 Beta Coupe owned by the same family since new.

It's in great overall condition but it needs a lot of attention on several fronts.

I'll use this blog to document my latest foray into another wonderful little Lancia project.

  1. Still cleaning up electrical

    Previously I replaced all the grounding connectors and other inline blade connectors in the area behind the right side headlamps. Some of the connectors were completely missing and looked like this.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3442 (1).jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	910.2 KB 
ID:	10631

    This weekend I moved over to the left side and found a large number of connectors that had been cut out entirely and poorly spliced with direct wiring to some of the lights, etc. The grounding terminals looked like this and much of the rest of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New throttle cable bracket with adjuster

    Still not perfectly happy with it but it's now solid and adjustable. Fabricated with parts and materials I have on-hand.

    If I decide to keep the dual DCNFs I'll probably rework it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3241.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	10281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3240.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	10280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3238.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	10279  
  3. New Fuel Pump Mounted

    After blasting the fuel pump cover I found it was pretty badly pitted in some spots. My natural retentive instinct was to think that I should fill all the pitting before painting it.

    Fortunately, common sense intervened and I decided that there are bigger battles to fight right now. I can always revisit it once I get other things sorted.

    So I settled for a high-fill primer and a good coat of epoxy chassis paint. The weather was really too cold to be painting but I had to ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3233.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	914.0 KB 
ID:	10278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3232.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	10277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3231.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	10276  
  4. Carburetors - as found

    The carburetors are essentially brand new because the PO was never able to get the engine running correctly after installing them.

    Here is how they are currently set up.


    • Venturi - 32 mm
    • Idle jets - 55
    • Air Correctors - 190
    • Main jets - 125
    • Emulsion tubes - F24


    Other findings:


    1. The inter-carb linkage was loose so their opening was not in synch at all.
    2. Floats were set about 9 mm too high. I suspect this is a big reason
    ...
  5. Throttle Cable Assembly

    So, while I wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can paint the freshly blasted fuel pump cover, I decided to assess the carburetors and throttle linkage.

    Definitely going to have to create something a little more elegant than this throttle cable arrangement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3180.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	843.3 KB 
ID:	10256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3181.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	745.6 KB 
ID:	10257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3183.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	931.5 KB 
ID:	10258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3190.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	663.6 KB 
ID:	10259  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast